Kansas Unemployment Eligibility Requirements
Below we provide the unemployment eligibility requirements in Kansas. If you have additional information about applying for Kansas unemployment benefits then contact the Kansas unemployment office.
to file an application for the first time for unemployment benefits if:
- you have returned to work, but become unemployed again
- or to reopen an existing claim if you had to stop filing weekly claims for one week or more.
- You may file your online application from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
You must answer all questions in the unemployment insurance application.
- Upon completion of your application, you must click on the "Submit Claim" button.
- Please wait for the Claimant Determination Page to appear. Your application is not accepted until you see this page.
- Print and keep the Claimant Determination Page for your records; it is proof that you filed a claim.
- The information requested in this unemployment insurance application is required by law. There are penalties for making false statements in order to receive benefits not due to you. We use the information you provide to determine if you are eligible to receive benefits.
Note: your information will be made available to our employees to process your application.
Remember, only the claimant is authorized to use this system. Allowing someone else to file a claim is fraud on the part of the claimant and the person filing. The law provides penalties for making false statements or withholding material information in order to obtain benefits not due you. This includes penalties for perjury about citizenship status. https://www.uibenefits.dol.ks.gov/
Kansas City Area 913-596-3500 913-287-6913
Topeka Area 785-575-1460 785-296-4337
Wichita Area 316-383-9947 316-269-0633