When filing for unemployment there are certain circumstances that may disqualify you from collecting unemployment benefits. Each state handles unemployment applications differently, we recommend you contact your states unemployment office to find out. Below is a list of some common reasons for disqualifications.
- Quitting your job without good cause
- Fired from work due to misconduct
- Going to school
- Resigned because of illness
- Leaving work due to getting married
- Involved in a labor dispute