How To File For Oklahoma Unemployment

This page provides information on how to file for unemployment in Oklahoma. If you lost your job or your hours were reduced at no fault of your own, you may qualify to receive unemployment benefits in your state. Review the information below, if you still have questions or issues about these benefits, then we suggest to contact your local Oklahoma Unemployment Department for assistance. It is important that you file your new claim right away because Oklahoma unemployment insurance are not retroactive.

You must register for work in your resident state. If you are an Oklahoma resident you must register for work within the next seven days with the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission. You must either register online at or at the Workforce Oklahoma Office closest to you. Select "create a job seeker account" to access the registration portion of the site. In order to be considered registered you must create a resume. The resume must include at least one method of contact, your current work experience within the last two years, detailed job descriptions for each job listed, and a summary of qualifications or an objective statement.

If already registered you must ensure that your resume has been updated and activated with the last six months. Even if you have no new employment or other changes to the resume you must review the information and make sure your resume is active. Also, make sure your My Profiles page has the most current information. If you are not an Oklahoma resident you must register for work with the State Employment Service Office nearest you and provide proof of registration within the next seven days. Once you are registered you must send proof of work registration to the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission by one of the following methods:

By Mail

OESC P.O. Box 52006
Oklahoma City, Ok 73152-2006


By Fax


If already registered in Oklahoma you must ensure that your registration has been updated within the last six months. Even if you have no new employment or other changes to your registration, you must review the information to ensure it is still correct. You must provide a screen shot of your registration or a letter for the other State Employment Service indicating the date you reviewed your registration in order to meet the work registration requirement. Failure to register for work, failure to create, update, and activate your resume or failure to provide proof of registration within 7 days as mentioned earlier will result in a denial of benefits.

When your job has ended or your employer has cut back work hours, apply immediately for unemployment insurance benefits.

  • The start date or effective date of an Unemployment Insurance claim is not based on when the job ended or the employer cut back hours
  • Claims start on the Sunday of the week an Unemployment Insurance application is submitted

Information needed when applying for unemployment

Below is a list of information you will need when applying for Oklahoma unemployment benefits.

  • Social Security Number
  • Name including prior names [e.g. married or maiden names], mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (if applicable)
  • Alien registration number and expiration date, if a non-citizen
  • DD Form 214 if you served in the military in the past 18 months
  • Form SF 8 or SF 50 if you were employed by the Federal government in the last 18 months
  • Oklahoma Driver's License or ID card number, if applicable

Last Employer Information:

  • The last employer is the business or company you last physically worked for or could still be working for part-time
  • Name of company as it appears on your pay check stub or W-2 form
  • Complete mailing address including zip code and physical location
  • Company's phone number and supervisor's name
  • The reason for working reduced hours or no longer working with the employer

Employment History (All employers in the last 18 months including the last employer):

  • Name of All employers as they appear on your pay check stub or W-2 form
  • Period of employment (start date and end date)
  • Wages earned and how you were paid (hourly/weekly/monthly)
When will I receive my unemployment payments?

By law, the first payable (or allowable) week of the claim is considered to be a waiting period. Although you must still file your weekly claim (either by phone or internet), you will not be paid for the waiting period week. No benefits will be paid if there are insufficient wages to establish monetary eligibility, if there is an issue being investigated, or if you do not file your weekly claim. Once benefits have been approved and the waiting period week is served, payments are made within 2-3 days of the weekly claim being filed. Weekly claims are filed after the week ends but must be filed within fourteen days of the week ending date. All weeks run Sunday through Saturday.

How will I receive my unemployment payments?

All claimants will receive a debit card after the claim is filed. Your first payable week will be deposited onto the debit card. You will be required to activate the debit card. Once activated, you may enroll in direct deposit by registering your card at or by calling Conduent's customer service line at 866-320-8699. You will have the ability to transfer money from the debit card into a checking or savings account of your choosing. The debit card must be used to inquire on your funds so do not throw the card away. Please allow 7-10 days to receive the debit card. If you already have a debit card, any payments made will be made to this card. Payments made to debit cards usually appear within 2 business days of the payment being made.

Filing for Oklahoma unemployment

The first week of your reduced hours or temporary layoff, you need to file a new unemployment claim, or reopen your claim if you've had one in the past year. This can be done by calling 800-555-1554 or file online at

How to file my weekly unemployment claim

After you have filed your application for benefits, you must file weekly claims in order to receive benefits. The filing week begins on Sunday at 12:01am and end on Saturday at midnight. You cannot file a weekly claim until after the week is over. If you attempt to file before the week has ended, your claim will not be accepted. Weekly claims can be filed online at


You can file your weekly claim over the phone. For people inside the OKC calling area use 405-525-1500. For people who are outside the OKC calling area use 800-555-1554.

File an appeal

You can file an appeal in person, by mail, fax, telephone or email. Include your name, social security number, phone number, date of determination, section of law you are appealing and a detailed explanation of why you disagree with the decision. The mailing address, fax number, telephone number and email address will be listed on your determination.